This Course Includes:
Not Satisfied? No Worries! Our classes are all risk free.
You can earn professional development units (PDUs) from the Project Management Institute or Scrum education units (SEUs) from the Scrum Alliance when you take training from Front Row Agile.
Each course is unique, so be sure to check if the course is eligible for these type of continuing education units by navigating to the course page.
In general, online training is acceptable for PDUs and SEUs, and is typically at a ratio of 1:1, where one hour of training = one continuing education unit. For more information on how SEUs and PDUs work, check out:
Ways to earn SEUs for Scrum Alliance
Ways to earn PDUs for Project Management Institute
When you've reached a milestone by completing any video training course at Front Row Agile, you get a professional certificate of completion. These certificates represent your commitment to agile continuing education, and can be something you include in your professional portfolio.
Here's what your certificate will look like:
About the Course
Scrum Fundamentals provides practitioners with a core understanding of Scrum, the most popular agile method, and helpful advice to help them deliver high-quality products that add the most value to their customers.
In this course, Tommy Norman (CSM, CSP, PSM I, ALM MVP) provides an introduction to agile software development using Scrum, which is a lightweight, adaptive framework for managing complex projects.
It consists of roles, artifacts and events as well as a simple set of rules to govern the relationships and interactions between them.
What You Will Learn
- The history of Agile
- The roles, artifacts, and events in Scrum
- How to start a Scrum project
- Essentials of writing good User Stories
- How to maintain your Product Backlog and Release Plan
- Agile estimation techniques
- How to effectively plan for and execute a Sprint
- Agile engineering best practices
- How to integrate QA into your Sprints
- How to inspect and adapt your process
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone involved in the development of software applications looking for a practical introduction to the Agile framework Scrum
- Familiarity with the basics of software development projects
Author Instructor Biography: Tommy Norman
Tommy Norman is the Lean/Agile Coach at LeanKit, ensuring that they embody the values and principles behind their product. He is the coordinator for the Agile Nashville user group and the Music City Agile conference, as well as a frequent speaker at local and national events. He is a CSM, CSP, CSC, PSM I, and 9-time Microsoft MVP