This Course Includes:
Not Satisfied? No Worries! Our classes are all risk free.
You can earn professional development units (PDUs) from the Project Management Institute or Scrum education units (SEUs) from the Scrum Alliance when you take training from Front Row Agile.
Each course is unique, so be sure to check if the course is eligible for these type of continuing education units by navigating to the course page.
In general, online training is acceptable for PDUs and SEUs, and is typically at a ratio of 1:1, where one hour of training = one continuing education unit. For more information on how SEUs and PDUs work, check out:
Ways to earn SEUs for Scrum Alliance
Ways to earn PDUs for Project Management Institute
When you've reached a milestone by completing any video training course at Front Row Agile, you get a professional certificate of completion. These certificates represent your commitment to agile continuing education, and can be something you include in your professional portfolio.
Here's what your certificate will look like:
About the Course
As a ScrumMaster, your goal is to help your team become great.
You might have a team in place with great potential, but that potential could be untapped. If you want to learn the tools necessary to be the ScrumMaster who unlocks the potential in your agile team, this course is for you.
What You'll Learn
In this course, you will learn:
- Ways to assess your team, its strengths and weaknesses
- Methods for identifying the areas for growth that will catapult the team to the next level
- An approach to influencing decisions and behavior without being controlling
- Techniques to motivate individuals without resorting to “carrot stick” methods
- How to coach your team to be accountable and take action
- How to build a team that solves its own problems and gets stuff done
- Systems to design your own metrics to measure how your teams are improving based on behavior changes you would like to see.
Created by Karen Greaves and Samantha Laing of Growing Agile, this course is infused by more than 25 years of experience in software development, from testing to managing, and 15 years in agile software development.
This course will show you how to achieve success through proven techniques you can apply in the following areas of team development:
- Assessing the team and establishing metrics
- Understanding impediments
- Exploring motivational techniques
- Discovering influence
- A look at retrospectives done well
- Learning and training with your team
- Bonus material: Moving towards a strong coaching approach
- Bonus material: How to increase your team’s accountability
What You Get
This course include a workbook for you to print out and fill in as you work through the course.
And each section of this course includes:
- Exercises to help you apply your learning
- Additional resources to explore the topic further
- A practical technique to use with your team right away
- A learning challenge to take your knowledge to the next level
Go through the material on your own time and at your own pace. The recommended way to get the most from this course is to focus on one topic per week, setting aside three hours for learning and application.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is right for you if:
- You are a ScrumMaster who is struggling to help your team improve
- You feel that your job as a ScrumMaster has become routine and your teams are stagnating
- You want to move from dictating how the team works to helping them self-organize
- You’ve found that pushing your team to improve velocity just results in increased estimates, but you don’t know what to do instead
Transform your team to “amazing.” Start learning the skills necessary by enrolling in the Advanced ScrumMaster: Getting Your Team to Great course today.