This Course Includes:
Not Satisfied? No Worries! Our classes are all risk free.
You can earn professional development units (PDUs) from the Project Management Institute or Scrum education units (SEUs) from the Scrum Alliance when you take training from Front Row Agile.
Each course is unique, so be sure to check if the course is eligible for these type of continuing education units by navigating to the course page.
In general, online training is acceptable for PDUs and SEUs, and is typically at a ratio of 1:1, where one hour of training = one continuing education unit. For more information on how SEUs and PDUs work, check out:
Ways to earn SEUs for Scrum Alliance
Ways to earn PDUs for Project Management Institute
When you've reached a milestone by completing any video training course at Front Row Agile, you get a professional certificate of completion. These certificates represent your commitment to agile continuing education, and can be something you include in your professional portfolio.
Here's what your certificate will look like:
About the Course
Is your Scrum adoption team struggling with managing requirements and integrating QA into the agile process?
In this course, Tommy Norman provides guidance to viewers on the value of adopting a more agile approach.
What You Will Learn
- Agile values and principles on requirements management
- How to craft good user stories and when to get more detail
- How to incorporate good quality practices into your sprints
- Integrating test cases as part of your requirements management approach
In Part 1, Tommy covers:
- Gathering and writing good user stories
- Managing stories in the product backlog
- When to gather more detail
- Using tests as self-validating requirements
- Collecting content for documentation organically during your sprints
In Part 2, Tommy covers:
- Integrating quality elements into your user stories
- Planning for testing in each sprint
- Evolving test cases alongside development
- Balancing manual and automated testing techniques
- Handling regression testing and production support
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is right for you if you are directly involved in the software development lifecycle and are interested in gaining a solid understanding of the fundamentals of agile software development and Scrum.
These roles include:
- QA testers
- Development managers
- Project managers
- Business analysts
Skill level: Intermediate / Advanced
About the Instructor
Tommy Norman is the Lean/Agile Coach at LeanKit, ensuring that they embody the values and principles behind their product. He is the coordinator for the Agile Nashville user group and the Music City Agile conference, as well as a frequent speaker at local and national events. He is a CSM, CSP, CSC, PSM I, and 9-time Microsoft MVP.