This Course Includes:
Not Satisfied? No Worries! Our classes are all risk free.
You can earn professional development units (PDUs) from the Project Management Institute or Scrum education units (SEUs) from the Scrum Alliance when you take training from Front Row Agile.
Each course is unique, so be sure to check if the course is eligible for these type of continuing education units by navigating to the course page.
In general, online training is acceptable for PDUs and SEUs, and is typically at a ratio of 1:1, where one hour of training = one continuing education unit. For more information on how SEUs and PDUs work, check out:
Ways to earn SEUs for Scrum Alliance
Ways to earn PDUs for Project Management Institute
When you've reached a milestone by completing any video training course at Front Row Agile, you get a professional certificate of completion. These certificates represent your commitment to agile continuing education, and can be something you include in your professional portfolio.
Here's what your certificate will look like:
About the Course
Do you want to build products that your customers love, and deliver them on time?
Then this course is for you!
Through many years of coaching teams, we have found a few techniques to be really beneficial in helping teams deliver better products more reliably. This course is a collection of those techniques to help your whole team unlock its potential.
What You'll Learn
In this course, you will learn:
- How your team can incorporate user feedback early to ensure you are building the right thing
- How to use story maps to identify a minimum viable product for your next release
- The importance of using velocity only as a predictability metric (not productivity)
- Why user stories are more than just the format: “As a … I want … so that …”
- How simple mindmapping can transform your backlog grooming/refinement sessions
- Tips and techniques to help you and your team achieve a state of flow more often
Created by Karen Greaves and Samantha Laing of Growing Agile, this course is infused by more than 25 years of experience in software development, from testing to managing, and 15 years in agile software development.
This course will show you and your team how to build great products through proven techniques in the following areas:
- Users and user experience
- Minimum viable product (MVP) and user story maps
- Velocity and predictability
- User stories
- Understanding requirements with mindmaps
- Getting stuff done
What You Get
This course includes a workbook for you to print out and fill in as you work through the course.
And each section of this course includes:
- An exercise for you to do before you watch the video to help you understand what you already know about the topic
- A short video lecture on the topic to help you quickly get to grips with the concepts
- Curated links and additional resources to explore the topic further
- An exercise for you to try the technique immediately to help reinforce your learning
- A practical technique or game related to the topic to use with your team
- A learning challenge to take your expertise to the next level
You can either go through the material on your own, and consider how you might introduce the techniques to your team, or you can watch the videos and do the exercises together as a team.
The recommended way to get the most from this course is to focus on one topic per week or per sprint, setting aside three hours for learning and trying out the techniques.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is right for you if:
- Your team often misses committed delivery dates and needs to become more predictable
- After delivering a release, you end up reworking because features don’t work as expected
- You rely on specification documents as a handoff between the product owner and the team
- You often uncover new scope mid-sprint, and as a result, often fail to deliver on your commitment
- You don’t know who your users are and don’t incorporate feedback from them until after the product is released
- Your team would get more done if there weren’t so many distractions and interruptions in your environment
Become the team your customers and product owners LOVE. Start using proven techniques today by enrolling in the “Whole Team Approach to Building Great Products”course.